Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Norman

Norman died yesterday at 2:00.  Jenessa and I were with him out on the front lawn in the sunshine, it was a beautiful day.  We had him for 12 years, so we are all very sad, we told him he was the best dog ever.  He had been sitting out in the rain alot the past week, and looking like Eeyore, but he seemed to stop eating sometime Saturday and he got really sick Sunday, so we brought him inside. Then Monday we took  him out on the grass to rest  and made a call to the vet, but he just was done.   As soon as it was over, I could tell he was running across the grass in the breezy sunshine, chasing a ball in doggie heaven, with "What a Wonderful World" playing in the background.  He was the first dog I ever had and I will never forget him.

1 comment:

Stampin' Meg said...

I know that Norman is on the other side of the rainbow bridge lolloping after tennis balls and eatting porkchops. Every day is a sunny one there.ANd he is a puppy again. Big hugs to you-I know hard it is. My old Cosmo is in his twilight-he went completely blind last month and it's hard seeing them like this.