
My friend Joy just posted today about trying Sprinkles cupcakes for the first time, and the verdict from her girls and her was - meh. "500 calories not worth running 4 miles for." "I had to take out a loan to pay for these cupcakes so they better be good and live up to the hype...Sadly I was disappointed." "Just so you know my kids did not even like the chocolate ones. Look I threw them away."
See, this is exactly what I thought, and why I have not made an event out of cupcake tasting at Sprinkles.
Then, there were the comments, all from friends of mine...
-
hansenfive said... interesting to hear another side of sprinkles...I am one who has yet to try them. They sure do LOOK good. And if I ever do get to try them, i'll stay away from the basic chocolate. :)
-
maren said... i would lock your doors...
-
Barbra said... Opening Statement...
All your arguments against Sprinkles are false!!!
1.) Sprinkles exists for those people with sophisticated palates that know that $3.25 is a small price to pay for something so yummy.
2.) I will admit there are a few of the flavors that I have tried and did not like as much. I always stick to the Vanilla which is beyond delicious and the Red Velvet.
3.) The chocolate ones are rich even for me a chocolate girl because it is more of a dark chocolate and not overly sweet but they are still dang good.
4.) You have not had Betty Crocker for awhile have you? That was the craziest statement ever!!!
I really could go on and on but I will stop there and let other people post their arguments on why they are so good and worth every penny and calorie.
P.S.
Never rip on a pregnant ladies favorite treat from her favorite place:)-
hansenfive said... i just got scared of Barbra. lol
-
Lisa said... If you know Barbra, you could not be surprised!
1. She once offered me some at the church beach party, since they had just picked them up. I realized this was incredibly generous, so I didn't push the issue when the cupcakes went away quietly and the subject was changed. (still have never tried Sprinkles)
2. Barbra can make gourmet brownies out of store bought mix and frosting, and it is hard to believe that it's just store bought stuff, so I'm not saying she's a fibber, but...
LOVE YOU B ;)
We had a really good Cinco de Mayo dinner all together, all 5 of us, which is a rare event nowadays!

1 comment:
I would still try 'em, but I wouldn't make a special trip just to go there. I would have to already be in the area. You can't please everyone.
Post a Comment