For over a week I have been contemplating my 6 quirk assignments (thanks to Kris and Meliss-a)(they rhyme a bit ;P) Sheryl, too!
Does anyone else out there have the same trouble I have in discerning a quirk from a personal peeve? I have concluded that the quirk may be my reaction to a peeve, in such cases. Certainly other quirks are just natural traits.
1. I was really tickled to find quirky cupcake
and her amazingly wonderful food recipe links, like the mischievous cupcakes on cakespy in my search for quirky. My point being, A: I am sure it is perfectly normal to find fabulous shiny things on my merry path each day. (I feel a little bit bad if it annoys people)
B: I MUST find fun as often as possible, I do not take many things too seriously. I'd like to think I do know when that line should not be crossed, though.
2. I love to eyeball measurements, and see how close I can get. The couple of times I have gone shooting, I had really good aim. Not measuring can work well with paper crafting, but my exception is if exacting measurements are required, such as a chemical reaction like baking, or sewing.
3. Minutiae. I am quite detail oriented, and I tend to focus on too many details when cleaning, telling a story or conversation. Another area where patience is required. I really try to apologize for interrupting, cause I don't always stop myself in time.
4. Weeds. Kris's weed "peeve" I can relate to. I have been pulling weeds out of sidewalk cracks, and neighbors' yards for a long time. Thanks for the screwdriver idea. It's so easy to get rid of them before they grow too big, which only takes a few days. (Of course, I may have thrown said weeds back on neighbor's property now and then)
5. I don't like to drive with the windows down, unless it is really stuffy or we are traveling slower than 40 mph. I am going to have to adjust to this one, since our not-quite-4-year-old PT cruiser's A/C recently !!!EXPLODED!!!, and we just don't have the thousand $ to repair it. Another quirk, I complain A LOT about not having money. We are very blessed with more things than we really need, however, I can never save a dime, as soon as I put anything in the savings account, some huge expense arises.
BONUS quirk: I have an affinity for alternative rock music, Queen, 16th century madrigals in Italian, English, French, Latin, or Spanish (in that order), bagpipes, drums and Irish pub songs.
6. If an ad or label claims, I can't bring myself to type it, it absolutely makes me cringe, shudder and tune out, it's abominably overused and meaningless, let's just say...
"THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ((((NOT)))) ENDLESS."
So, TAG, for Mary Ann, Delores, DeAnne, Carrie, and of course YOU too!
No comments:
Post a Comment