Monday, April 07, 2008

Let the Revels Begin




Opening weekend of the Faire exceeded expectations. It is so amazing to watch the frenzied madness of so many people pulling together an enormous production, and the transformation that takes place as everything begins to actualize. I enjoyed so many memorable moments, Courtly dancing in the morning, singing at St. Ives with friends, the breeze and the leaves floating down. The afternoons at Ives always remind me of Autumn, and with the fyne English weather it did even more so. I am still smiling and laughing at the conversations I enjoyed with so many interesting people. I live for the laughter and silliness, the singing and the drums, and there was an abundance of it all. Almost had to miss the PBoggards after only two songs, save for Lady Derby who listened to my whining and took over my duties for a few minutes, so I could enjoy five more songs. Looking forward to the next few weeks, come visit.


The second week we enjoyed a "Madrigalpalooza", we sang "Il Bianco e Dolce Cigno", the H.S. Choir sang "Fa Una Canzone", MWOWindsor sang "All Creatures Now", PoxyBogs sang "Of All Jolly Pastimes, Ladies of Commedia and two young ladies also sang (didn't know the songs, both Italian and well done).

1 comment:

Stampin' Meg said...

We went on Saturday and I looked for you in the queens court and didn't see you. Have you changed guilds this year?
The new queen does look quite young.