Thursday, April 03, 2008

Some 20 Years Ago Doug Created This Caricature


http://www.mildredgoldberger.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=49&Itemid=9

Only a few weeks before our wedding, he was commissioned by a Caltech professor to attend a private party for the retirement of the President of Caltech and draw the guests in caricature. It was an amazing group of attendees, a few very reknown nobel laureates among them. I enjoyed a conversation with RPFeynman who was well known to be very personable and humorous. I asked him if he knew how to navigate the steam tunnels under Caltech, and offered him a tour. I also confessed to parking in his designated space, as well as Murray Gell-Mann's, when visiting friends on weekends. He talked about his first wife, his true love. He really did have a very personable, affable way. It was several years later that I read his "Surely you're Joking" book.
Besides being so happy to see this drawing again, this woman who the site is dedicated to was remarkable, very inspirational.

No comments: