Friday, May 23, 2008

This One's for Taylor


Yes, 6th grade is gladly a distant memory. My Mom always wanted me to keep my long hair, and I was really wanting something new, different. We didn't have a curling iron for another couple of years, they just weren't that easy to get. Never even heard of a flatiron until a few years ago. It got worse in 8th grade when I wanted a "longer-than -a Dorothy Hamill" and ended up with a wavy shag. I have never cut my hair shorter than 3 inches below shoulder length since then. I have only let anyone else cut my hair about seven times since then. Hair Trauma is a tragic thing. Permanent scars.
Taylor, you are a very pretty girl. Don't cut your hair, OK?

2 comments:

Joy said...

why do we want to cute our hair at that age. I even gor a perm with short hair. Thanks for the picture

Caroline Haring said...

Glad you got rid of your second "dog". I kept looking behind me when I was doing dishes at your house. I'm a wuss! Growing up in this area, you'd think I'd be used to the spiders.

Posting our ugly photos isn't so bad when there's a bunch of us doing it. I did notice that a few ugly phases all started with a bad hair cut followed by a perm. I will make a note to myself that if I have a daughter, I won't let her do this.