Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Would we all love to hear this from a current candidate?

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away men's initiative and
independence.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for
themselves". --William J. H. Boetcker
Thanks goes to my friend Skeetermonkey, one of the more clever people I have known. Very inventive storyteller. At the faire he and another friend were "selling Indulgences" in tiny wooden boxes, they offered:1. The breath of Mary Magdalene (a little piece of wool was in the box)2. The knucklebone of St. Peter's dog 3.A sliver of wood from the Holy Cross, etc.
date:
12:03 pm - Oh, and I'm cutting my hair.
Short.

I'll donate the braid to some outfit, not sure about locks of love, they seem to get everything.

12:37 next day, after several friends comments of shock and curiosity...

"I might keep the braid. Come in handy if I were to do Rev. War re-enactment. You can visit it in its hermetically sealed 1" thick aquarium plexi-glass viewing vault.

Photobucket

No comments: