Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fires

Yorba Linda is only about 10 miles over the hill from us, and we have friends whose home has been spared, but the fire burned all around them. They said it looks like the moon surface where there were some pretty large trees, down in the wash along the 91 fwy. There was a complex of condos that was completely lost really nearby their home. Logan had been invited to have a sleep over at their home, but he was really understanding about what was going on, and really relieved to hear they are probably spared and safe. Tonight, the fire is coming over the ridge toward the south end of Chino Hills, and we are hoping and praying for friends along that area.



4 comments:

Stampin' Meg said...

Hey Lisa-I just wanted to let you know that we are okay- I talked to Moe Monday AM- she couldn't tell how bad the fire was 'cause the State Park Hillside was blocking her view. I told her to get packing !I know that they got evacuated but should be back now and there was no structure loss in her neighborhood. We went to a friends house in Chino at 3:30 am when the fires were in Vellano. God was very merciful in sending us the best fire fighters on the planet!
No fire on our hillside- but the old Aerojet pastures along Woodview are all burnt up.(I sure hope that they all were ok at Heaven's Ranch)

Stampin' Meg said...

oops I meant I talked to Moe on Saturday AM- me's tired!!!

Melissa said...

Our prayers are with our dear Chino Hills friends and hope they stay safe. I have been watching the news but it is hard to tell where the fire is at the moment. If you have any news it would be greatly appreciated.

Suzy said...

Lisa!! How fun to get a comment from you and then to get to see your blog! I looked at the WHOLE thing! I'm surprised I didn't see you at the Renaissance fair--but we only went one day. What a pretty life you have!!

Love,
Suzy